- when water was flat calm snapping plastics did not work - seemed better with worms then
- when wind picked up I could search for pods of 3-6 fish and catch a few pretty much everytime
- caught a 19.5" super close to the bank
- Jigging rap was working well in 20mph winds
- Lost a LOT of gear. Looking into weed guards and Texas rigging - skin hooking.
- Spent way way too much time tying leaders, hoping weed guards and Texas rigging will help with this, if not I might need to ditch braid for PLO - Also, maybe a barrel swivel.. the hope would be the floro would break off and I could just retie to the barrel swivel.
- Use a shorter leader - 3' ?
- Big fish really like shallow
- SMB seems to be getting more active
- Need to try different styles of working soft plastics - snap and pendulum, tiny snaps, draging etc
- Water temp mid to high 60s
- Broke the tips of 3 rods!! (Me one, Diane two)
- Fished with Russ and Chris.
Saturday, May 23, 2020
Monday, May 18, 2020
Friday, May 15, 2020
Saturday, May 9, 2020
Friday, May 8, 2020
Monday, May 4, 2020
Tuesday, April 28, 2020
Today we fish in skiers cove. We caught 60 walleye with 3 keepers. We also caught 2 wipers and a giant 13" crappie. Today we caught most of the fish on 1/8 oz jig head with a worm and blades.
Tuesday, March 17, 2020
Saturday, March 14, 2020
Wednesday, March 11, 2020
Sunday I fished with Russ (SGM). Fishing was still slow. I managed 3 walleye in skiers cove using blades. Fishing right on a sage brush line.
Boat performed well. Good to get it back on the water. Glad to see spring.
Diane and I finally made it to Blue Mesa Reservoir! Blue Mesa is the largest reservoir in Colorado. It's 20 miles long with 96 miles of ...
Decided to upgrade the sleeping accommodations this year. To do so meant I also had to upgrade the towing accommodations :D So here are a fe...
Wore out, so just going to post notes. I love the campsite, we stayed at #52 in Arkansas loop, might try 53 next time if possible. It looks ...