Wore out, so just going to post notes. I love the campsite, we stayed at #52 in Arkansas loop, might try 53 next time if possible. It looks a little more private. Arkansas loop is super close to the South boat ramp.
- when water was flat calm snapping plastics did not work - seemed better with worms then
- when wind picked up I could search for pods of 3-6 fish and catch a few pretty much everytime
- caught a 19.5" super close to the bank
- Jigging rap was working well in 20mph winds
- Lost a LOT of gear. Looking into weed guards and Texas rigging - skin hooking.
- Spent way way too much time tying leaders, hoping weed guards and Texas rigging will help with this, if not I might need to ditch braid for PLO - Also, maybe a barrel swivel.. the hope would be the floro would break off and I could just retie to the barrel swivel.
- Use a shorter leader - 3' ?
- Big fish really like shallow
- SMB seems to be getting more active
- Need to try different styles of working soft plastics - snap and pendulum, tiny snaps, draging etc
- Water temp mid to high 60s
- Broke the tips of 3 rods!! (Me one, Diane two)
- Fished with Russ and Chris.
Post a Comment